Last Updated: April 10, 2010
To make this Policy easy to find, it is posted on the home page of the Kronovia Website, and the relevant portion(s), or a summary thereof, are required by Kronovia to be posted at each point where information is requested or collected, by us or by a third party using Kronovia technology to collect, process and/or share information for a social media use (customer, client and/or user).
In this Policy "personal information" (also known as PII for personally identifying information or a similar construction) is specific information that reveals the identity of a person, and may also include particular or aggregated data points that reveal the preferences and/or attributes of such person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized or aggregated, so that it does not identify a specific person.
This Policy becomes effective between you and Kronovia through one or more methods of signed contract and/or access to and continued use of a product, service and/or Kronovia website, currently located at http://www.kronovia.com as well as any client, customer end user or friend interface to a Kronovia web site (each a "Website" and together the "Websites"). Website acceptance includes initial access and continued use, click-through acceptance of terms and conditions via download or otherwise, and/or collection of information in activating or using a product or service, including without limitation technical support. Each of these methods of acceptance is referred to herein as an "Agreement".
Kronovia may amend this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on its Website(s). The revised Policy will be effective at the time of posting. If any such revised Policy includes a substantial change, including without limitation one that may or will affect any personal information that we have already collected, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the changes and to give you the opportunity to opt out.
If you have questions about this Policy please contact us at the address below.
How we collect information about you and/or your clients, customer or users (including information they share)I. Website use and forms
- IP Address/log information
When users visit the Kronovia Website(s), we (or companies we hire to track how people use our Website(s)) may collect (automatically log) the user's IP address (the unique address identifying a computer on the internet) and standard web log information, such as browser type and the pages accessed on the Site(s). The IP address will be automatically recognized by our servers.
In addition to the preceding section, when a user visits the Kronovia Website(s), we (or companies we hire to track how people use our Website(s)) may place small data files called "cookies" on the visiting computer. When a user accesses a service by login using password and/or user ID, we send a "session cookie" to the computer on log in. This type of cookie helps us recognize visits to multiple pages on the Website(s) during the same session, so that we don't need to ask for a password on each page. Once logged out or a browser is closed, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect. We may also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display an email address on a sign-in form, to avoid the need to retype the email address on each log in to an account. We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. A user is free to decline our cookies if the browser permits, but doing so may interfere with use of the website(s).
In addition, some pages on our Website(s) may ask the visitor to provide personal information (also known generally as PII for personally identifying information or similar reference), such as to receive communications or documents, or information about an event. Such information may include: name; email address; physical location/address; Entity affiliation; and Information about intended or desired use, interests and preferences.
In most cases, the visitor will receive a personalized message from one of our sales representatives with more information about the communication, document or event, or Kronovia's products or services, via phone or email. If the visitor has opted in to receive email communications from Kronovia during contact with a Website or sales representative, the visitor will receive regular communications from Kronovia until opting out using one of the clearly specified methods in the email communication.
II. Ad hoc
We may collect information from or about you in other ways not specifically described herein. For example, we may collect information when you respond to a survey, enter a contest or sweepstakes or participate in a similar outreach tool. Any information collected through these methods shall be used as provided in any announcement related to such item(s) and if none, then in accordance with Section 1 above (Website use and forms section).
III. Blog/Message Board, email etc. To the extent Kronovia makes available any forum for public comment, such as a blog, message board or chat space, posters should be aware that any profile information disclosed by them is available to all users of the applicable forum, and is thus neither private nor confidential. Kronovia cannot guarantee the security of any information disclosed or communicated online in such fora, and posters disclose any such information entirely at their own risk. Kronovia reserves the right at any time, in its sole discretion, to remove any content a poster may post on a blog, message board or chat space and restrict subsequent access to any such forum. Kronovia further reserves the right to republish any posting to any such forum elsewhere on the Internet in any format. When we are contacted via email, we answer by sending an email response to the sender. We also store the email we receive for archival purposes and for our own marketing purposes if we feel that it is consistent with the nature of the inquiry. We will not use return email addresses for any other purpose unless you give us permission to do so.
How we use personal informationWe may use personal information to:
- provide products and/or services and customer support you request or order;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Agreements and our Acceptable Use Policy(ies) and those of contracted third parties of which you have been made aware;
- customize, measure, and improve our products, services and the content and delivery of our products, services and Website(s);
- send you targeted marketing, product and/or service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties
Where and how we store, process and protect personal informationPersonal information collected is stored and processed on computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. When processed as part of a hosted service, the information may be processed and stored on the servers of third party providers hired to provide the hosting, and our agreements with such parties require that they not use, disclose or shard the information
How we share personal information with third parties
Kronovia will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this Policy. We may share your personal information with
- Members of the Kronovia corporate family to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about products, services and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations; (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Credit bureaus to report outstanding negative balance accounts, as allowed by law.
- Companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by. (Should such a combination occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this Policy with respect to your personal information. If your personal information could be used contrary to this Policy, you will receive notice.)
- In an insolvency or reorganization proceeding personal information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Agreements, including our Acceptable Use Policy(ies) and those of contracted third parties of which you have been made aware.
- you have given your consent or direction to do so